Collect and ship used books to troops, both abroad and in the U.S., to help them through tough times and let them know their service is appreciated.
Soldiers serving the U.S. military often lack access to books, which they need for leisure reading, developmental goals, reading to their children via web cam, recovering from emotional trauma and enduring separation from loved ones.
Operation Paperback (www.operationpaperback.org/) is a non-profit organization that helps volunteers collect and ship books to troops, both abroad and in the U.S. You can use the organization’s material to send books and show others how to do the same.
One hour or less per shipment. Fifteen to 30 minutes to introduce someone to Operation Paperback and either encourage contributions to your book drive or walk him/her through the process of doing his/her own book shipment.
Volunteer shippers send over 90% of the books shipped under Operation Paperback.
Who can do this?
Great Reasons to do this Project
- Let U.S. troops know that people appreciate their service and sacrifice.
- Help U.S. troops stay mentally active with literature.
- Help U.S. troops stay connected to their children via web cam book reading.
- Ensure that our troops have reading material that may help get them through tough times.
- Clear books you’ve read from your home, and help others do the same.
- Connect with others in your community on a meaningful project.